Friday, May 22, 2009

Exhaustion

"Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow."

- Doug Firebaugh

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."

So it's obvious I have high expectations for myself. But now I see that it's slowly killing me. I'm so exhausted from work. I work early and I leave late. Last night was another 12 hour day. I don't mind it really, I enjoy working. For the most part I enjoy what I do and the people I interact with. I just wish there was more time in the day for the things I want to do when I go home.

I come home really late though, usually around 9 or 10 even. This gives me about half an hour to eat, to unwind a little, shower and then off to bed. I don't even turn on my computer at home anymore. I don't get to watch tv, or listen to music, or exercise (which I really need to do).

It's to the point where I come home feeling like a glass of wine will calm me down (which means I'm an old lady).

I just need to remember that I can't do everything in one day, as much as I want to. Like one of my co-workers said, nobody expects you to finish it today unless they give you a deadline. I just have to let that go.

I'm hoping this weekend will let me relax and do the things I want to do. But I know that when I come back Tuesday, there's going to be a lot to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin