Wednesday, March 24, 2010

30 Things to Do #4

My favorite book. Hmm, this might be harder than I thought. There have been very few books where I feel like it's really changed me. For me, it was hard to have required reading in school. I always felt rushed and I could never really enjoy the book afterward. I mean no one can really enjoy a book after they wrote a 10 page paper late into the morning. So it's hard for me to say I have a favorite.

But the first book that popped into my head was The China Garden.


I was about 13 or 14 when I read this book. I honestly don't remember the story now but I remember reading it and not putting it down. Now, it may be because I was reading it while in Italy that makes me remember loving the book. It might be literary garbage and similar to how teenage girls love Twilight books, but I couldn't put it down, to the irritation of my parents who were trying to get me to see Florence. I saw Florence for sure, but every free second I got, I was reading this book. I have pictures of me reading this book.

Now, I'm curious as to see if it is any good. So maybe I'll crack it out.

Other Honorable Mentions:

Chinese Cinderella



Catcher in the Rye


Ok, peace out guys. I'm off to Vegas for a few days! It's my first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin