Tuesday, May 18, 2010

31 things I wish I'd known about dating when I was 21

Glamour has little list that Erin Meanley complied called "31 things I wish I'd known about dating when I was 21".

Here’s a few that caught my attention:

2. Sometimes guys flirt with you or pay attention to you because it makes them feel good about themselves. (Hey, we do it, too.)

A lot of females get upset when a guy they are interested talk to other girls or make themselves available to other girls. We need to realize that just because we do certain things, such as flirt to get our way, that guys do the same things. We can’t hold ourselves above them just because we feel that we deserve his undivided attention. So next time ladies, you get upset about something like that, take a look at yourself and observe what you are doing too.

19. Your wants and needs are just as important as his, and if you don't express them because you think it will scare him away, then you're saying you don't count as much as he does.

Oh man, this is something I only realized maybe in the past year. In my past relationships I was always afraid that if I said something confrontational that it would scare him away. So I kept things to myself and acted all tough like nothing bothered me. In the end, it always blew up in my face. So I have learned to be open and honest about how I’m feeling, whether things are amazing and I want to tell them that they are, or if something is bothering me. So far, in terms of relationships, it has been my greatest lesson learned.

25. Women love attention. A guy needs to be pretty crazy about you in order for him to pay enough attention to make you happy long-term.

For reals ladies. Show your man some love. If he makes you happy, don’t forget to make him happy.

28. Never underestimate the quality of "interesting." Men want someone interesting. They really do. Find some hobbies.

Oh hells yes. And he is not a hobby. While you’re at it, make some friends too. He should never be your only best friend. Real talk. Because when it ends (and it always will), you don’t want to be alone.

Disclaimer: Now I am not a man, nor do I pretend to be (well sometimes). These are just my opinions and I will not be one to save your relationship if it is already going down the drain. But if you are true to yourself and love yourself enough, you will know what is good for you and what isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin